Monthly Banking and Financial Awareness Digest: November 2019
Dear Readers, In this article we are sharing a Banking Awareness Monthly Capsule PDF 2019. Banking Awareness section has become an essential section of the majority of banking/recruitment examination conducted in India.
Banking Awareness Monthly Capsule PDF Download Link given at the end of post.
Banking Awareness Monthly Capsule PDF 2019. Banking and Financial Awareness is an important part of the GA/GS/GK section in various Bank and Government Exams like SBI PO and Clerk, IBPS PO and Clerk, RBI Grade B Officer and Assistant, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, RRB PO, RRB ALP, RRB Group D, SEBI and more.
EXIM BANK EXTENDED $30 MILLION LINE OF CREDIT TO GHANA
- The Export-Import Bank(Exim) has provided a line of credit of$30 million to Ghana for a potable water project in the country.
- The bank has signed an agreement with Ghana for this line of credit (LoC) of about Rs 210 crore for
financing rehabilitation and up-gradation of the potable water system in Yendi, Ghana.
- This LoCis effective from October 11, 2019.
- Established in 1982, EXIM bank is headquartered at Mumbai.
RBI COMMITTEE RECOMMENDS STRICTER RULES FOR CORE INVESTMENT COMPANIES
- A committee of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) headed by Tapan Ray has recommended tightening the corporate governance norms in Core Investment Companies (CICs).
- This committee was formed by RBI to Review Regulatory and Supervisory Framework for CICs in the month of July 2019.
- The committee recommended that Capital contribution by a CIC in a step-down CIC, over and above 10percent of its owned funds, should be deducted from its ‘adjusted net worth’. Further, step-down CICsmay not be permitted to invest in any other CIC, but allowed to invest freely in other group companies. Existing entities can be given a two-year glide path to comply with the rules.
- It also said that 1/3rd of the board should comprise of independent members if the chairperson of the CIC is a non-executive member, otherwise at least half of the board should comprise of independent members.
UJJIVAN SMALL FINANCE BANK HAS LAUNCHEDINSTANT DIGITAL SAVINGS AND INSTANT FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT
- The Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has launched an instant Digital Savings Account along with Fixed Deposit a Privilege Savings Account.
- These facilities have been launched by the bank to offer banking and digital services to its customers.
- The newly launched Instant Savings Account will allow customers to open and operate a savings
account through mobile phones or a computer instantly with the help of just two documents-AadhaarCard and Pan Card. Other than this, customers will also be able to deposit a maximum amount of Rs. 1 Lakh in the account. Customers will also able to make additional after ensuring KYC in Ujjivan SFB’srespectivebranches.
- Instant FD account will also allow the customers to open FD up to a maximum of Rs. 1 Lakh without a
Savings Account. Customers will also enjoy unlimited free transactions on Ujjivan SFB ATM and six free transactions on other bank ATMs every month with Digital Savings Account.
- The Privilege Savings Account will offer domestic airport lounge access, Platinum Debit card, home
branch facility across 552 Ujjivan SFB branches with unlimited transactions on any ATM. Along with this, customers will geta higher accidental insurance cover of Rs. 2 Lakh. A customer will have to ensure a monthly salary credit of Rs. 30,000 or above or have to maintain a Monthly Average Balance ofRs. 25,000 or open a Fixed Deposit of Rs. 10 Lakh in order to maintain a PrivilegeSavings Account.