“Current Affairs is very an important aspect and information for an individual to acquire in the ongoing scenario, its very important for competitive exams like IAS, Bank Exams, UPSC, etc. It not only helps the student to score well in competitions but also boost their knowledge about day to day happenings in the world for their good, cause the youth is the future of tomorrow and to frame the future well, we need to focus on the present, that’s what current affairs are all about”.
- New shipping service from Kolkata to Bangladesh’s Chattogram port initiated by Kolkata Port.
A new service has been started between Kolkata Dock System(KDS) & Chattogram port, Bangladesh Protocol Route, to transport containers to Chittagong by ship. By the Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Trust(SMPT), Kolkata.
2-Balaram scheme set in motion by Orissa provides Rs1,040 Cr. Credit to 7 lakh landless farmers over two years.
Under chief minister Naveen Patnaik the Odissa govt. has launched a scheme called ‘Balaram’ to provide agriculture credit to landless farmers who are facing hardships due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Indian Railways becomes the first organization in the world to directly provide and supply power to the railway overhead line by installing up a solar plant in Bina, MP.
Indian railways have recently set up 1.7 MWp at Bina, MP which shall be connected directly to Overhead Traction System, and by doing this Indian railway has become the first-ever to directly supply power to Overhead Tractions system to trains.
- A research cell at IIT-H to meet the future defence technological requirements is looked forward to built by DRDO.
DRDO will establish a research cell at IIT to meet the future defence technological requirements of the country.
The research cell is established as the action of the DRDO Research and Innovation Centre (RIC), Chennai.
- Sweden tops in SDG index 2020, India ranked 117th: Sustainable Development Report.
India ranked 117th position with a score of 61.92 in SDG index2020, comprised of the sustainable development goals and COVID-19 according to the reports of Sustainable Development Report 2020. Sweden topped with a score of 84.72.
- 5 MoUs for the development of educational infrastructure in Afganistan signed by India-Afganistan.
To empower the bilateral development partnership, the govt. of India has signed 5 Memoranda of understanding (MoUs) with Afganistan under the former’s high impact community development projects(HICDP) programme.
- India ranked 31st in INFORM Risk Index 2020 for Humanitarian crisis & Disasters; Somalia Tops
According to the INFORM reports2020.India has ranked 31st position with an inform risk of 5.4, Somalia ranked top for the same with an informs risk of 8.9, The reports have analysed 191 countries.
- ‘Ofek 16’ new SPY satellite set in motion by Israel into space using Shavit Rocket.
The Israel Ministry of defence (IMoD), and Israel aerospace industries (IAI), have successfully launched a new spy satellite “Ofek 16” into outer space by using a locally developed Shavit rocket from a launch pad at Palmachim airbase in central Israel at 4:00 AM.
Books & Authors
- Urjit Patel former RBI governor writes a book on dealing with NPA issues named’ Overdraft’: Saying the Indian Saver.
A book named ‘Overdraft’ has been written by Urjit Patel the former governor of RBI. Which focuses on non-performing assets(NPAs) issues that have afflicted Indian banking in recent years, its causes and Patel’s efforts as the RBI Governor in dealing with it. the book is supposed to release on 31 July 2020.
2-“Getting Competitive: A Practitioner’s Guide for India” authored by RC Bhargava, Chairman of Maruti Suzuki on Industrialising India.
RC Bhargava, the Chairman of Maruti Suzuki authored the book “Getting Competitive: A Practitioner’s Guide for India” from his experience of around 60 years as a policymaker and a leading industrialist. the book produced by Harper Collins India.