Download General Science Questions Answers PDF Hindi
Dear readers, today I have brought the Download General Science Questions Answers PDF for you. Today’s posts can be be beneficial for you.Everyone wants to crack the exam of SSC but it is not so easy. If you prepare well, you can crack this exam very easily. This material can be beneficial for you. This article is very important for upcoming SSC Exam in 2018. This can be helpful in boosting your General Awareness. It will help you to the preparation of upcoming competitive examination.
Download General Science Questions Answers PDF download links are given at the end of the post
General Science Questions plays an important role for Exams like IAS, State PSC, SSC and other similar competitive exams. The questions in different competitive examination are such that to test the aspirants general awareness of a variety of disciplines. Download General Science Questions Answers PDF. General Science paper is a well scoring paper of any bank exam for any post. If you have any problems, you can ask us by commenting.
Some Important General Science Question and Answers
1. The process of transfer of hereditary character from one generation to another is known as………..?
2. Who is known as father of genetics?
A. Gregor Mendel
B. Augustinian friar
C. Norman Borlaug
D. M.S Swaminathan
3. Who coined the term Mutation?
A. James Watson
B. Herman Joseph Muller
C. Hugo de Vries
D. None of the above
4. Which term of genetics represents the potential ability of a plant cell to grow into a complete plant?
5. Name the chromosome found in the cells which are responsible for characters other than sex chromosomes?
C. Mitochondrial chromosome
D. Y chromosome
What are Generic Medicines and why are they affordable
6. What do you mean by law of dominance?
A. When offspring shows the characters of generation.
B. When Offspring of cross breed parent only show dominant characters in F1 generation.
C. When offspring of cross breed parent only show dominant characters in F2 generation.
D. In F2 generation both the character which is governed by gene are separated.
7. A sudden change in the gene which is heritable from one generation to other is known as?
8. Which plant Gregor Mendel had cross breed for his experiment?
A. Onion plant
B. Carrot plant
C. Pea plant
D. Lily plant
9. The word linkage was first coined by which scientist?
A. Barbara McClintock
B. James Watson
C. Thomas Hunt Morgan
D. Hermann Joseph Muller
10. Which of the following process is an exception of Mendel Law?
11. Department of Science and Technology devoted its attention in various domains they are:
(i) Support for the establishment of multi-stakeholder mechanisms for partnerships for promoting Science.
(ii) Deploys Technology through national missions.
(iii) Does not provide evidences based policy formulation for S&T sector.
(iv) Nurtures R & D institutions and building infrastructural facilities.
12. The main policy goal for The new Science, Technology and Innovation Policy (STI) is:
(i) SRISHTI is the main policy goal to led path for India.
(ii) To translate this action into vision.
(iii) A dedicated Policy Research Cell is yet to establish.
(iv) All of the above.
13. What is Women Scientists Scheme?
(i) It aims to provide Women scientists for pursuing research in engineering only.
(ii) It aims to provide Women Scientists for pursuing research in applied sciences only.
(iii) Both (i) and (ii)
(iv) Only (i)
14. Name an umbrella programme that was launched in 2007 to promote R & D?
(i) International S & T cooperation
(ii) Scientific Excellence
(iii) Nano Science & Technology
(iv) Creating and Nurturing S & T Human Resource
15. What are the main objectives of Nano Science and Technology:
(i) Human Resource Development
(ii) International collaboration and orchestrating national dialogues
(iii) Both (i) and (ii)
(iv) Neither (i) nor (ii)
16. National Action Plan for Climate Change (NAPCC) launched missions are:
(i) National Mission for Sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem (NMSHE)
(ii) National Mission for Strategic Knowledge on Climate Change (NMSKCC)
(iii) Only (i)
(iv) Both (i) and (ii)
17. Under the Ministry of Science and Technology, The Survey of India (SOI) was set up in:
18. Survey Training Institute, Hyderabad established under:
19. Choose the correct statements given below:
a. National Map Policy was announced in May 2005.
b. Defence Series Maps based on Lambert Conformal Conic Projection.
c. SOI is in the forefront of providing tidal information for the Indian Ocean.
d. SOI will redefine the vertical datum of Geoids by establishing a network throughout the country.
(i) a or b are correct
(ii) c or d are correct
(iii) a,b and d are correct
(iv) a,b,c and d are correct
20. The Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) was set up in:
21.Which one of the following waves are used by the common TV remote control?
22.Given bellow are the psychological manifestations of noise pollution.
(i)Constriction of blood vessels
(ii)Increase in the rate of heart beat
(iv)Dilation of pupil of the eye
Select the correct options
A.(i) and (ii) are correct
B.(i) and (iii) are correct
C.(ii) and (iv) are correct
D.(i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) are correct
23.Which gas is safe and an effective extinguisher for all confined fires?
24.Which one of the following statements is incorrect about laser?
A.It is a technique for producing intense beams of light, ultraviolet or infrared radiation of different wavelength.
B.Even in diamond laser beam can drill a hole.
C.A variety of lasers have been made from solids like the ruby crystal and semi conducting materials, liquids and gases.
D.All waves in laser, travel in phase.
25.Which one of the following elements the drum of a Photostat machine is made up of:
26.If we say the child has an IQ of 100, what does this means?
A.The performance of the child is below average.
B.The performance of the child is above average.
C.The mental age of the child is equal to his actual age.
D.The performance of the child cannot be better.
27.Which bacteria is responsible for the formation of curd?
A.Lactic acid bacteria
28.Which one of the following bacteria present in the soil produces a peculiar smell if it rains on perched soil?
29.In poorly ventilated buildings which one of the following inert gases can be accumulated?
30.Honey is sweeter than cane sugar or corn syrup. Which one of the following carbon sugars is responsible for this?
Download Links :