Environment notes pdf for UPSC Exam By Shankar IAS
Dear Readers, In this article we are sharing Environment notes pdf for UPSC Exam. Bankersway is hopeful that these e-books will be highly useful for aspirants at all stages of UPSC Civil Services Exam Preparation,ie Prelims, Mains and Interview.
Environment notes pdf for UPSC Exam pdf download links are given at the end of the post
World Environment Day (WED)
• World Environment Day (WED) is observed on 5 June every year. This day celebrates
the natural environment and allows a global platform to raise awareness on the
environmental issues worldwide, with plans to mitigate these issues as a global
Environment notes pdf :- World Day to Combat Desertification (WDCD)
• The World Day to Combat Desertification (WDCD) is being observed on 17 June across the
world to promote public awareness related to international cooperation to combat desertification
and the effects of drought.
World Oceans Day :- Environment notes pdf for UPSC Exam
• The World Oceans Day is observed globally on 8th June every year to raise global
awareness of the current challenges faced by the international community in connection
to the oceans.
• The day also seeks to provide a unique opportunity to honour, protect, and conserve the
World Hydrography Day :- Environment notes pdf for UPSC Exam
• World Hydrography Day, 21 June, was adopted by the International Hydrographic Organization
(IHO) as an annual celebration to publicise the work of hydrographers and the importance of
• The theme for 2017 is “Mapping our seas, oceans and waterways – more important than ever”.
World Wildlife Day
• It is celebrated to mark the adoption of Convention on International Trade in Endangered
Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
• The World Wildlife Day was designated by United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) at
its 68th session on 20 December 2013.
• 2017 theme: “Listen to the Young Voices”. It aims to empower and engage the youth in
Click Here To Download Environment notes pdf for UPSC Exam
Disclaimer : Bankersway.com is the website made for only competition candidates (aspirants). We provide here some Magazines/Books/PDF Material/Notes, on demands of many students. We are not owner of this material and nor made, examined or scanned. We provide link and material already available on the website only for the help of students. If anyway it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us: – firstname.lastname@example.org