Various vacancies are out now for Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO ). So aspiring candidates who have applied need EPFO Assistant Syllabus.
In this article you can find a detailed EPFO Assistant syllabus, to give them an idea of how to prepare for the exam.
Eligibility Criteria for EPFO Assistant Profile
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Degree from a recognized university
- 20 years to 27 Years
Exam Pattern for Assistant post (EPFO)
Phase I – Prelims Exam
Phase II – Mains Exam
Preliminary Exam :
The EPFO Assistant Preliminary exam will be conducted online consists of objective questions.
The test is in both Hindi and English Language except the English section. EPFO Recruitment consists of following sections in Prelims Exams –
|NAME OF SECTION||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS||TIME ALLOCATED|
|NUMERICAL ABILITY||35||35||20 minutes|
|ENGLISH SECTION||30||30||20 minutes|
|REASONING ABILITY||35||35||20 minutes|
|TOTAL||100||100||60 MINUTES/1 HOUR|
Each section has a different time as above mentioned:
Negative marking :
Negative marks for wrong answers will be given in the Objective tests.
The Marks deducted for each wrong answer will be 1/4th of the mark assigned to the question.
There are two stages in which Cut-offs are applied :
- On scores in individual tests
- On the Total Score
Phase II – Mains Exam
EPFO Mains exam will be an online objective test comprised of 150 questions for 200 marks.
There will be a certain time allocated to a particular section if the allocated time finishes then you will be directed to the next section automatically.
|Name of Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|General/Economy/Financial Awareness||40||40||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||60||35 minutes|
The descriptive test will be for 45 minutes.
The test will be of the English language comprises of Precis, Letter Writing & Comprehension
Key Points to Remember:
For the final selection marks obtained in Phase – II will be considered.
The descriptive paper will be entirely online and it will be conducted immediately after completion of the Phase-II i.e. Main Examination online objective test.
EPFO Assistant Application Registration:
Through Online mode, only you can apply for the EPFO Assistant Exam.
Following are the steps to apply:
- Register by going to EPFO’s official website.
- Use a Credit Card/Debit Card/Wallets/Internet Banking or other online payment methods to pay the Application fees.
- Usage of a valid email ID is mandatory, which should be active until the EPFO Assistant Results declaration.
- Scanned Photograph and Signature should be kept ready as mentioned in the official notification as you have to upload these in the application.
- Submit the Application Form.
- For future reference take out the Print of the Application Form
- Follow these steps accurately for the successful submission of your EPFO Assistant Form.
- While uploading a photo/signature/thumb impression, if you are facing any trouble, use the resizing tool.
- All you have to do is specify the dimensions as per the requirements & upload the picture.
EPFO Assistant Syllabus
- Coded Inequalities
- Blood Relations
- Logical Reasoning
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test
- Alphanumeric Series
- Seating Arrangement
- Data Sufficiency
English Section :
- Cloze Test
- Paragraph Completion
- Fill in the blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- Para jumbles
- Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting
Quantitative Aptitude :
- Work & Time
- Time & Distance
- Mixtures &Alligations
- Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
- Profit & Loss
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
- Sequence & Series
- Permutation, Combination &Probability
- Data Interpretation
- Number Systems
- Surds & Indices
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
General Awareness :
- Static Awareness
- General Knowledge
- Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Banking and Financial Awareness
Selection Process for EPFO :
Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) releases a notification to fill various Assistant Posts for the eligible candidates.
EPFO’s recruitment team will recruit the candidates based on their performance in the Written Examination and Personal Interview.
Salary of EPFO Assistant :
Pay Matrix- Civilian employees (Level- 7 ) Rs. 44,900/- per month (Entry Pay)
They will also be eligible for Transport Allowance, DA, HRA and other allowances in addition as per rules in force from time to time.
Preparation with EPFO Assistant’s Previous Year Papers :
“Practice makes a man perfect” So it is important to practice the exam questions accurately.
Alone theoretical knowledge you cannot excel in the test, you have to practice their application as well.
So, the EPFO Assistant Previous Year Question Papers will help you with practicing a variety of questions accurately.
You can learn time management and increase your question-solving speed which is a very important aspect of any examination.
So you should always practice last year’s paper to understand your speed and pattern of the examination.
JOB PROFILE OF EPFO ASSISTANT :
- The EPFO is an organization formed to provide assistance to the Central Board of Trustees, a statutory body formed by the Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act. 1952 which is administratively controlled by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- The Provident Fund, Pension, and Insurance schemes of all the employees serving in the regulated sector of India are managed by EPFO.
- A huge amount of Beneficiaries data and accounting of the financial transactions is managed by an EPFO Assistant as EPFO has 17 crores approx. active users.
- In terms of beneficiaries, EPFO is one of the largest Social Security Organisation (SSO) in India.
- The management of finance, accounting, and spending of provident funds, Pension, and Insurance is controlled by EPFO.
Career Growth of EPFO Assistant :
EPFO provides a fair advantageous opportunity to all the candidates.
This Job comes under the Ministry of Labour and Employment as it is a Central Govt Job. After the appointment, there are promising Career Growth prospects.
So, All the best for your Exam preparation and DO well 🙂
For more Exam Syllabus Visit Bankersway Syllabus via this Link.