Top 10 Government Competitive Exams After 12th to Get Job: Many students want to work in government services after completing the 12th standard, since it offers captivating salaries and benefits.
Every year, most candidates stand for these competitive exams organized to hire for government positions. Students can apply for the particular exams depending on the stream they selected on the 12th.
There are many government competitive exams in India that you can apply for, and here we will discuss in detail the top 10 government competitive exams after 12th.
Key Benefits Of Government Jobs
Government Jobs In India recommends a lot of benefits to employees. Several benefits related to Government Jobs are:-
- High-Paying Salary
- Job Safety
- Leave Dispensation
- Annuity & Retirement Advantage
- Housing Equipment
List Of the Top 10 Government Competitive Exams After 12th
1. SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL)
To fill various posts in the various ministries and organizations, the Staff Selection Commission organizes an examination for the combined Higher Secondary Level. This exam fills the following designations:
- Data Entry Operator(DEO)
- Sorting Assistant/ Post Assistant
- Junior Secretariat Assistant. (JSA)/ Lowe Divisional Clerk(LDC)
- Data Entry Operator Grade ‘A’(DEO Grade A)
- The age limit must be in between 18-27 years. But, there is composure in age restrictions for the reserved group applicants.
- You must clear the 12th Class or correspondent Board Examination in any stream for the other designations mentioned above.
To be designated DEO A Grade, you must pass the 12th Class or equivalent board examination with Mathematics.
2. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Examinations
The RRB organizes an open Computer-Based Test for several of its designations, adding designations such as:-
- Junior Clerk-cum-Typist
- Trains Clerk
- Junior Stenographer Hindi
- Accounts Clerk-cum-Typist
- Commercial-cum-Ticket Clerk
- Junior Time Keeper
- Junior Stenographer English
- Age limit can vary from designation to designation. Generally, you will search for at least one opportunity if your age is around 18-31 years. There is a restriction in age limits for the reserved group aspirants.
- For Junior Clerk-cum-Typist, Accounts Clerk-cum-Typist & Junior Time Keeper: You must be qualified with the 12th Board Examination in any stream with a minimum 50% score. Fast Typing skill is mandatory in English / Hindi.
- For Trains Clerk & Commercial-cum-Ticket Clerk: You must be qualified with the 12th Board Examination in any medical/non-medical/commerce stream with a minimum 50% score.
- Junior Stenographer Hindi & Junior Stenographer English: You must be qualified for the 12th Board examination. You must have passed the 12th Board exam. The shorthand typing speed should be 80 words per minute.
3. Naval Academy (NA) and National Defense Academy (NDA) Examinations
The Naval Academy & the National Defense Academy organizes the NA & NDA exam. Applicants take this test for admission to a three-year military training program administered by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The NDA is one of the most popular Government Competitive Exams after 12th grade.
- Age Limit: Age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years
- 12th Pass with any subjects.
- To join the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy Wings, the applicant must possess a 10+2 degree in any science stream along with Physics and Mathematics.
4. Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme (IATES) Written Examination
There is a written examination for admission to the Officer’s Training Academy Gaya and a four-year professional program at the College of Military Engineering (CME), Pune, both offered by the Indian Army. Aspirants who complete five years of training and preparation will be selected to join the army as assistants.
- The limit of age is from 16.5 years to 19.5years
- For one who is applying for Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme(IATES) Written Examination, he must be qualified in 10+2 in any stream and with any subjects with a minimum of 70%.
5. Indian Navy Sailor Entry Written Examination
The Indian Navy hires aspirants qualified for the class 12th examination as sailors for different functionalities. There are two criteria for hiring the class 12th pass candidates:
- Senior Secondary hired one has to be designated as a Seaman after training
- Artificer Trainee in different posts & branches.
- Age Limit: Age should be between 17 to 20 years
- For Senior Secondary Recruits: You must have a 10+2 with Mathematics & Physics and at least one of the following courses: Chemistry/Biology/Computer.
- Artificer Trainee: Applicants who wish to become an artificer trainee must have completed a 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics, and one of Chemistry, Biology, or Computer with a minimum score of 60%.
6. Constable Recruitment Examination (State Level)
A candidate who wants to become a constable can opt for this government competitive exam after completing grade 12. There will be a Physical Efficiency Test, Personality Test, and a written examination.
- The limit of age is between 18 years to 27 years
- For one who is applying for Constable Recruitment Examination (State Level), he must be qualified in 10+2 in any stream and with any subjects with a minimum of 70%
7. State Postal Recruitment For Gramin Dak Sevaks
Aspirants must submit the Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least two months from any reputed institute by the State Government, Central Government, or Private Organizations.
- The age should be between 18 years to 40 years
- Those aspirants who have qualified in their 10th standard can also opt for this exam
- State Postal Recruitment For Gramin Dak Sevaks requires 10+2 in any stream with a minimum grade of 70% in all subjects.
8. Indian Army Soldier Exam
Recruiting into the army is one of the most coveted government examinations after the 12th grade. While the jobs are willing and full of duty, they are also dangerous. These designations are available for candidates who have passed the class 12th Board Examination:
- Soldier Clerks for all crews
- Soldier Store Keeper Technical for all crews
- Age Limit: Age should be between 17.5 to 23 years.
- Clerks Soldier for all teams: You must be qualified in 10+2 in any subject with 60% marks on average and a minimum of 50% in every subject.
- Soldier Store Keeper Technical for all corps: You must be qualified in 10+2 in any subject.
9. State Public Service Commission Examinations (PSC)
State Government posts provide very safe employment for a lifetime. As we know, the competition in State-level examinations is less than the other India-level examinations; for several candidates, State PSC Clerical recruitment test is a perfect choice. Undoubtedly, it is one of the desirable and preferable choices for Government exams after Class 12th.
- Lower Division or equivalent positions clerk
- Correspondent positions Eligibilty
- Age limit 18-30 years. There is a restriction in age for the reserved group aspirants.
10. Indian Coast Guard Security Examinations
The Indian Coast Guard hires candidates who have qualified class 12th examination as sailors or Navies. There are two designations after the 12th:
- Sailor (General Duty)
- Sailor (Domestic Branch)
- Age Limit: The Age should be around 18 to 22 years. Priorities and restrictions of 3-5 years for reserved groups.
- Sailor (General Duty): You must be qualified in 10+2 with Mathematics & Physics.
- Sailor (Domestic Branch): You must qualify for the Class 10th Board Examination.
Q1 Which exam is best after the 12th?
Ans– Different exams for different streams
- Engineering – JEE Main & JEE Advanced
- Medical- NEET
- Navy – Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme
Q2 Which is the toughest exam after 12TH?
Ans– UPSC, IIT-JEE, NEET UG, AIIMS UG
Q3 Which is the easiest government exam after 12TH?
Ans– RRB Group D
Q4 Which is the number one government exam in India?
Q5- Which Government Job has a higher salary after the 12th?
Ans- Defense Services
- Top 8 Best Computer Books for Competitive Exam
- Top 9 English Grammar Books For Competitive Exams
- Top 10 Work From Home Jobs in Kolkata – Earn Per Month 1 Lakh
- Best Time Management Strategies for Competitive Exam Preparation
- RS Aggarwal Quantitative Aptitude PDF Free Download 2023
- Arun Sharma quantitative aptitude pdf