Dear Readers, In this article we are sharing pdf of Monthly GK Digest January 2019. Download Current Affairs January Pdf 2019. We have compiled important & expected questions, which can be asked in upcoming teaching exams.
Monthly GK Digest January 2019 pdf Download Links Given at the end of post
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up an expert committee, headed by its Former GovernorBimal Jalan, to suggest how the Central Bank should handle its reserves and whether it can transferits surplus to the Government.
- The committee will submit its report within 90 days of its first meeting.
- The expert committee headed by Bimal Jalan will have former RBI deputy governor RakeshMohan as its Vice Chairman.
- The members of the committee are RBI Central Board Directors Bharat Doshi and SudhirMankad, Deputy Governor N.S. Vishwanathan, and economic affairs Subhash Chandra Garg.
Monthly GK Digest January 2019 – RBI RESERVES:
- RBI’s contingency fund core reserve is only around 7% of its total assets and the rest of it islargely in revaluation reserves.
- Revaluation reserves fluctuate with corresponding changes in currency and gold valuations.
- In 2017-18, the central bank’s contingency funds and revaluation reserves stood at₹2.32 trillionand₹6.92 trillion respectively.
- The data shows that the growth in revaluation reserves has far exceeded the growth in thecontingency fund.
- While revaluation reserves have more than tripled from₹1.99 trillion in 2008-09 to₹6.92trillion in 2017-18, the contingency fund has grown 50% during the same period from₹1.53trillion to₹2.32 trillion.
Download Current Affairs January Pdf 2019 – PANDA BONDS:
- Panda bonds are Chinese renminbi-denominated bonds from a non-Chinese issuer, sold in thePeople’s Republic of China.
- The first two Panda bonds were issued in October 2005 on the by the International FinanceCorporation and the Asian Development Bank on the same day.