Dear Readers, If you are looking for a RPSC Assistant Engineer syllabus 2018, you will get the syllabus in this article. Candidates who are preparation of RPSC Assistant Engineer. Now they can download RPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus PDF from here. We have also provided here RPSC Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern.
RPSC Assistant Engineer syllabus 2018
RPSC AEN syllabus 2018 – General Knowledge and General Science
- General Knowledge of Rajasthan – its Geography, Economy and culture.
- Current affairs: – Current events of State, National and International importance.
- History & Culture of Rajasthan.
- Games & Sports at State, National and International levels.
- Major monuments and literary works.
- The medieval background.
- Socio-economic life and organisation.
- Freedom movement and political awakening.
- Political integration.
- Dialects and Literature.
- Music, Dance & theatre.
- Religious beliefs, cults, saints, poets, Warrior-saints, Lok Devtas & Lok Deviyan.
- Fairs and Festivals, Customs, Dresses, Ornaments with special reference to Folk & tribal aspects thereof.
- Land Marks in the political and cultural history of India.
- General Science.
- Environment & pollution.
- electronics tele-communications.
- Satellites and elements of computers.
- research labs including CSIR managed national labs and institutes, etc.
- Economic Developments with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Agriculture based Industries.
- Major irrigation and River Valley Projects.
- Mineral based industries.
- Tourism Development in Rajasthan.
- Geography and Natural Resources.
- Ecology and wildlife of India.
- Rajasthan’s Physiography.
- Natural resources of Rajasthan.
RPSC Assistant Engineer syllabus 2018 – Civil Engineering
- Engineering Materials & Construction Technology.
- Planning and orientation of buildings.
- Doors and Windows.
- Requirements for fire protection.
- Ventilation and air conditioning and acoustics.
- Stones, Bricks, timber, Lime, Cement, Mortar, Plain and reinforced Cement Concrete, Bitumen, Asphalt.
- Traversing and Traverse Adjustment.
- Chain and Compass surveying; Leveling.
- Trigonometrical and Triangulation survey.
- Computations of areas and volumes.
- Soil/ Geotechnical Engineering.
- Compaction and consolidation of soil.
- Classification of soil as per I.S. code.
- Soil permeability and its determination in the laboratory and field.
- Plate load test and standard penetration test.
- Stability of simple slopes.
- Structural Mechanics.
- Theory of simple bending.
- Bending moment and shear force diagrams for cantilever.
- Shear Stress, Influence lines.
- Plane and space frames.
- Steel Structures.
- Gusseted and slab base foundations
- An economic span of bridges.
- Design of slabs spanning in two directions and T-beam slabs.
- Reinforcement in overhead and underground water tanks.
- Design of simple RCC cantilever and counterfort retaining walls.
- Reinforced Concrete Structures.
- Engineering hydrology.
- Hydraulic pressure at a point and its measurement.
- Hydrology of floods and drought reservoirs and dams.
- Fluid Mechanics Including Hydrology And Irrigation.
- House drainage system Distribution network with all the ancillaries
- Public Health Engineering.
- Highway And Bridges.
RPSC Assistant Engineer syllabus 2018 – Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Circuits.
- Network theorems.
- Network Functions.
- Fourier series, Laplace transforms and their applications.
- Three phase balanced and unbalanced networks.
- Transient response: Transient analysis of RL, RC and RLC circuits
- Field Theory.
- Electrostatic and Magnetostatics.
- Electrostatics and electrical fields.
- Magnetostatics and magnetic fields.
- Electromagnetic wave equations.
- Electrical Materials.
- Phenomenon of polarization
- Electrical and electronic behaviour of materials.
- Applications of magnetic, conducting, dielectric and insulating materials.
- Electrical Measurement and Instrumentation.
- General principles of measurement.
- Measuring Instrument.
- Digital measurements.
- Electronics and Communication.
- Digital Electronics.
- Control System.
- Power systems.
- Electrical Machines.
- Three-phase induction motors.
RPSC Assistant Engineer syllabus 2018 – Agricultural Engineering
- Surveying, Leveling and Land Development.
- Linear Measurements.
- Soil and Water Conservation.
- Design of gully control measures including permanent structures.
- Design of irrigation methods.
- Farm Power and Machinery.
- Classification of Internal combustion (IC) engines terminology.
- Agricultural Processing.
- Farm electrification and rural housing.
- Grains storage structures and their design requirement.
- Rural Housing.
- Renewable Energy.
- Solar Radiation.
RPSC Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern
|1.||Scheme of Examination: – The Competitive Examination will be held in two successive stages:-|
|(i)||Preliminary Examination : the preliminary Examination will consist of two papers, i.e. one
compulsory paper and one optional paper, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of
400 marks in the subjects mentioned in Section ‘A and B’. The Examination is meant to serve as a
screening test only. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who
are declared qualified for admission to the Main examination will not be counted for determining
their final order of merit. The number of candidates to be admitted to the main Examination will
be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year in
the various Services and Posts, but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same
percentage of marks as may be fixed by the Commission for any lower range will be admitted to
the Main Examination.
|COMPULSORY PAPER||MAX MARKS||TIME|
|General knowledge & General Science
including General knowledge of Rajasthan
its Geography, Economy and culture
|Optional Papers (any one paper to be opted by a candidate)||Max. Marks||Time|
|Civil Engineering||200||2 hours|
|Electrical Engineering||200||2 hours|
|Mechanical Engineering||200||2 hours|
|Agricultural Engineering||200||2 hours|
RPSC Assistant Engineer Mains Exam Pattern
|Compulsory Subject||Maximum Marks|
|Paper – I Hindi||100|
|Paper – II Social aspects of Engineering||100|
RPSC Assistant Engineer (AEN) Combined Comp. Exam Scheme
|Sno||Exam Scheme||Sections||Topics||Max Marks||Duration|
|1.||Conventional Type||I||Social aspects of Engineering||100||2 Hours|
|5.||III & IV (2 Papers)||Civil Engineering||200 Marks for Each Papers||3 Hours for Each Paper|
|Viva Voce/Interview||72 Marks|
(i) Provided that no candidate who fails to obtain a minimum of 35% marks in each of the two
compulsory papers and a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate shall be called by the
Commission for interview which carries 72 marks.
(ii) The Commission shall award marks to each candidates interviewed by them. In interviewing the
candidates besides awarding marks in respect of character, personality, address and physique,
marks shall also be awarded for the candidate’s knowledge of Rajasthani culture. The marks so
awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test or the main examination by each
such candidate. RPSC Assistant Engineer syllabus 2018.
(iii) The standard of the papers will be that of Bachelor’s Degree level except paper on Hindi which
will be of Senior Secondary Level.
(iv) All papers unless specifically required shall be answered either in Hindi or in English, but no
candidate shall be permitted to answer any one paper partly in Hindi and partly in English unless
specifically allowed to do so.
(v) If a candidate’s hand-writing is not easily legible, a deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him.
(vi) Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of
words in all subjects of the examination.
(vii) It is obligatory for a candidate to appear in all the compulsory papers and in optional papers.