Dungeons and Dragons ( often abbreviated as D&D or DnD) is an extremely popular, tabletop fantasy roleplaying board game. The game is a revolution in the wargaming industry by moving away from the typical unidimensional world of wargames. Apart from cool features like building your own characters who embark upon their own imaginary adventures, supplements like the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide Pdf add to the fantasy world of the game.
Written by Joseph Carriker, Brian Cortijo, Jeremy Crawford, Steve Kenson, Peter Lee, Jon Leitheusser, Mike Mearls, Jack Norris, Sean K. Reynolds, Matthew Sernett, and Rodney Thompson
About the Book
The d&d Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide Pdf-adds to the experience of the greatest role-playing game in the world. First published on 3rd November 2015, the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide Pdf became a highly well-received book. It was the “Best-selling Books Week Ending November 16, 2015”, according to Publishers Weekly. Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide (d&d accessory) was also a Judges’ Spotlight Winner at the 2016 ENnies Awards.
Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide Pdf is a supplement to the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons, which is the latest edition of the roleplaying game, launched in 2014 making it highly relevant for the fans.
Details about Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide
Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide 5e Pdf ( 5th edition is usually abbreviated as 5e) follows the basic rules of the 5th edition of Dungeons and Dragons. Set in The Forgotten Realms, it mainly focuses on West and Northwest Faerûn. The Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide Pdf acts as a valuable resource for both the players and the Dungeon Masters. The book contains a plethora of characters, amazing glimpses of civilization, the shadows of evil, and open wilderness opening the scope of imagination, excitement, and thrill to the players.
With the right setting, a story, and the multiple character options being provided in the D&D 5e Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide, as a result, it has been able to be a source of inspiration and allow the player to adventure anywhere along the Sword Coast of Faerûn.
The book has been able to bring together somewhere around 30 years’ worth of lore, further, it solidifies Faerûn for the 5th edition of D&D. It has also been able to add several class/race archetypes and backgrounds. Due to the new additions, it has been able to provide the much-needed fantasy elements and setting for one’s adventures.
While the book has had several pros, there still do exist a few cons. The locations like Waterdeep, Baulder’s Gate, and Neverwinter are all iconic Sword Coast adventuring locations. Chances are you have probably already played a game in these settings. However, these settings are hardly touched in the D&D Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide. The book focuses a lot on land and wilderness, leaving such iconic locations untouched.
About the Authors
Here is a little detail about all the authors who put in the hours while writing this book.
Steve Kenson- He is an author and a designer who has worked in the industry since 1995. He has worked a lot on the Forgotten Realm material.
Brian Cortijo- He is an RPG designer from New York. He usually writes articles for Dragon magazine. The Dragon Magazine is one of the two official magazines for the source material for the Forgotten Realms.
Jeremy Crawford- He is a game designer who works for the Wizards of the Coast who published this book and have also worked on the 5th edition of Dungeons and Dragons.
- Mike Mearls- Michael Mearls joined the Wizards of the Coast in 2006. Before joining the Wizards of the Coast he used to work as a freelance designer and writer for various companies.
- Sean K. Reynolds- He is a professional game designer. He has worked on and co-written several Dungeons and Dragons supplement books for Wizards of the Coast, as well as worked on material for other companies.
- Matthew Sernett- Matthew Sernett also credited as Matt Sernett is the editor in chief of the Dragon Magazine. He currently works as a D&D and Magic: The Gathering designer and is the Continuity Editor for the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.
- Rodney Thompson- He is a writer and game designer and has worked on several Dungeons & Dragons sourcebooks including the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide Pdf. He has also contributed to several books on the Star Wars Roleplaying Game.
With the new class and subclass archetypes, new background spells to customize your characters and a lot of other newer additions.
Here are the contents of the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide Pdf –
- 1) Chapter 1- Welcome to the Realms
- 2) Chapter 2: The Sword Coast and the North
- 3) Chapter 3: Races of the Realms
- 4) Chapter 4:Classes
- 5) Chapter 5: Background
- Appendix: Class Options in Other Worlds
- Think and Grow Rich Pdf by Napoleon Hill
- Download Wings of Fire Book pdf
- Rich Dad Poor Dad pdf Download by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Total Pages- 159
- PDF Title – Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide
- Authors- Joseph Carriker, Brian Cortijo, and Jeremy Crawford
- PDF Language- English
- PDF Link – Available
- You can read the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide Pdf here- http://online.anyflip.com/opng/ahma/mobile/index.html#p=1
Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide Pdf certainly isn’t a perfect book. With many fans and critics claiming it to be too thin, with a total of only 159 pages. The book also misses out on touching up and visiting iconic locations. Locations like Waterdeep, Baulder’s Gate, and Neverwinter where players might have ventured without even realizing just further show how important it was to write this book. It may not be the longest book. however, it did take multiple authors to come together and collaborate and write this book.
A game like Dungeons and Dragons with so much scope for imagination, it is quite obvious that Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide (D&D Accessory) would require a lot of research and hard work by the authors. The already open-ended game of Dungeons and Dragons can be enjoyed to the fullest with the help of the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide Pdf.