The process of making a group of people to sit as per a prefixed manner is called seating arrangement .
seating arrangement is one of the most important section of reasoning in any Competitive exam. Generally 5 – 6 questions can be asked from this topic . Candidate required best preparation to crack this topic.
The question based on seating arrangement are regular features of almost every Competitive exam . According to the question , you have to arrange a group of person fulfilling certain condition . This is also written sitting arrangements or seating arrangement.
Types of Seating Arrangement :-
(1) Linear Arrangements – In this type of arrangements , you arrange people or object in a line or row. Here generally , the single row of arrangements is formed.
(2) Double Row Arrangements – In this type of arrangements , you have to arrange the people or object in two directions or two group. In this arrangement , one group in one row and other group in other row . The person in these row normally face each other.
(3) Circular Arrangements – In this type of arrangements , you have to arrange the person around a circle or circular table.
(4) Rectangular Arrangements – This type of arrangement are almost similar to the circular arrangement , the difference is only that you have to arrange the person or object around a rectangular table.
Tricks to solve seating Arrangement questions :-
• First , you must identify the direction of the object or person
•Next, Determine the information given in the question .
• IF the place of any person or object is definitely mentioned then we say that it is definite information.
Eg- A is sitting on the right end of the bench.
• When the place of any person or object is not mentioned in question , then we say that it is comparative information.
• If the person are seating in a circle or rectangular facing the centre.
° if a man seated to the left – Take clock wise direction
° if a man Seated to the right – Take anti – clock wise direction.
• To solving the questions related to linear arrangements or double row arrangements, the information regarding the position of the persons is very important.
° If it is written that A is sitting next to B, then it means that A and B are sitting together.
°B may be seated to the right or left of A. if it is given that B is sitting to the right/left of A, then it does not mean that B is sitting to the right/left of A.
°And, may be some other persons sitting between A and B. Then, B is sitting immediate right/left of A and it will be mentioned in the statement of the question.
Click Here to download Seating Arrangement Tricks PDF